Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Beyond the Sone Color Jamz Purple Passion REVIEW


Sorry about the frizzy hair but #curlyhairproblems it's expected.

This product Beyond the Zone Color Jamz (my particular color is Purple Passion) has received a TON of negative reviews. I thought since Halloween is right around the corner it would be the best time to pop out a review.

This is a semi-permanent hair dye…which means it WON'T last forever and that's to be expected
It's around $6-$7 at Sally's Beauty Supply which isn't bad at all and sometimes they do buy 2 get 1 free which was the promotion I saw today when I walked in to get myself a new bottle. 

I have used this product once before so that does not make me an expert on Beyond the Zone products and I didn't bleach my hair so I can't vouch for the true staying power of what the dye would be on bleached hair.

I dyed my hair about a week ago with one bottle and there was still some left in the bottle and I didn't think I was going to be able to dye my whole head again but I did! So this is the unused/un-open bottle that was clean enough to take a picture with. I have medium length (almost a bob) hair so that's probably why I was able to get two dyes in with one bottle.

It's a VERY SUBTLE berry color and it made my light brown hair very dark almost black (not complaining). It is a gorgeous color especially when the light catches it! I try not to wash my hair every day but I do swim lessons 3 times a week and I have to wash my hair after being in a chlorined pool which is why I suspect my brown hair started to come back after a week. It should last around 15 shampoos is my estimate which is great for experimenting with color. It's leaves my hair hydrated and not crunchy or dry which is nice…especially since I dyed it twice in the same month.


How do you get color to show up on un-bleached hair???

THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE TRASH DO NOT LISTEN TO THEM!!

1. use gloves and apply color where you like
2. take off gloves and put an old shower cap or grocery bag around your head to lock in heat!
3. DO NOTHING FOR 3-6 hours!! (watch a movie or two, eat some lunch/dinner, etc.)
***super important to leave it on longer than it says or you will be disappointed!*** (the first time I left it around 4 hours and today I left it on for 2.5 hours)
4. use a detachable shower head to hose down hair (flip it down, head down) to try and minimize purple getting everywhere
(you could try washing it out in the sink but I find it hard to make sure I got everything)
5. there will be some purple still left while you are rinsing with cold water but that's okay put hair in an old towel and brush and style

Hope that helps!

Share with me your dye experiences!

No comments:

Post a Comment