Saturday, October 12, 2013

Homecoming

In most high schools in the United States we have what's called Homecoming. With high school this means that the football team is having their last home game of the season and this is celebrated with mums and a school dance. For college it's a bit different, especially because I go to a private University in Oklahoma. Basically, we don't have a football team so our homecoming involves our basketball team. We still have a homecoming court (homecoming queen and king, etc) but we have no dance, instead we do several events during the week and to top it all off we have a parade with floats prior to the big game later in the afternoon on a Saturday. We have social clubs are university that are sort of like sororities and fraternities without hazing, alcohol and other such behaviors associated with the stereotypical sorority and fraternity. Rather we are social service based, and solely focused on upholding our Christian routes through our club activities. For homecoming we had an over-arching theme and then each club had to "bid" on an individual theme and see if they won that theme. My social service club won the theme of The Beatles. For this we made our float into a yellow submarine, had several girls dress up as the Beatles, and the rest of us wore Tie-dye and made ourselves try and look like hippies.

Here is what I looked like for the event:

Naturally I have really curly hair but I decided to straighten it for the event!
Headband: Easy as pie, litterally just bought some cute rope like ribbon from Michaels (craft-store) and then cut a desired length and bobby pinned it the back.


Sorry I don't have any close ups of what my make-up looked like but I kept it pretty nautral.

Hope you liked my look :)

No comments:

Post a Comment