Friday, January 5, 2018

L.A. Colors FYX Color Correctors Shades

Yesterday I posted about my $3.00 color correcting find from Walgreens! I will put some swatches up on this post.

Here is what the shades look like in the packaging it comes in:


Each shade is 0.09 oz but they are all very pigmented! For color correcting each shade neutralizes a problem area on your face. This product does specify which shade corrects what area on your face.

Here are the claims:
Peach - brightens dark spots
Yellow - neutralizes purple tones
Green - reduces redness
White - highlights & brightens
Lilac - neutralizes yellow tones

The only two shades I have not experimented with yet are Lilac and White. This is because I do not have any yellow tones on my face, and for the white when I originally swatched it to me when I blended it...the shade was so glittery.

Here are some swatches of the different shades:

You can see what I mean by the white shade is glittery. I do think that I could possibly make it work as an inner eye highlight.

Each shade is easy to blend with your fingers or I use sponges to apply them to my face. I would recommend going to Walgreens to see if they are still available and only for $3.00!

4 comments:

  1. You should totally make a post about pantone's 2018 color ultraviolet but looking at the swatches you could totally use the lilac color corrector and maybe use it as a graphic liner because just looking at it it looks really pigmented so just wondering what your thoughts are on the new trend but other than that all these colors look really pigmented and I'm excited to try and see if I can find this at my local Walgreens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a really great suggestion! I need to dig through my stash of makeup and see if I have more items that could go for the Pantone's color of the year! I am really excited because purple is my favorite color so this is like a dream come true. Hmmm I am interested to see how the color corrector would dry as an eyeliner, looks like I need to experiment. Thanks for the comment:)

      Delete
  2. I can tell what you mean by the white shade is super glittery and personally I wouldn't want that on my cheeks either but I do think that it is really pretty sheered out so maybe you could use it as an eyeshadow topper and I know that might sound a little weird or you could like you said you sit on the inner corner of your eye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought about an eyeshadow topper so that sounds like a great idea to try out! Thanks for the suggestion and I'll make an update post soon once I try it out!

      Delete